RSS

Navigation : Home / , , , , , , / Article : How to Block Websites Without Installing Software?

How to Block Websites Without Installing Software?

Blocking Websites in PC is nothing but protecting some users not to interact with unprotected spammer sites or for safety reasons. I had an incident which makes me to block a website; one of my neighbor used to come at my home for browsing and he always carry a pen drive with special viruses.



Special Viruses in the sense while you use Orkut at the insertion of pen drives these viruses will spread on local disk C and the normal icon will be changed at drive C.  You will get a message on your screen that "Orkut is sending Viruses on Your Computer". From then I am cautions that I will not allow anyone to use orkut in my PC except me. So I started googled and get a suitable trick to block website without installing any software.

Those who need to protect follow the instructions below:-
  1. Browse through C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc.
  2.  Now you find the file name Hosts
  3. Open the Hosts file in notepad
  4. Below "127.0.0.1 localhost"
  5. Add 127.0.0.2 www.orkut.com and from then no one can access orkut in my PC expect me. You can add as many websites to block from your PC.
Once you do this at your PC orkut users will get mad and kick you from the back.

1 Response to "How to Block Websites Without Installing Software?"

  1. Aiz Says:

    Don't get the idea how you can access orkut from pen drive?

Leave a Reply